2014 Silverado Scores a Safety First for Trucks Now Available at Guaranty Chevrolet Orange County
September 22, 2013 --
Santa Ana, CA (PRWEB) September 22, 2013
The 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and Silverado High Country, now available at Guaranty Chevrolet, are among the first pickup trucks to receive the highest possible five-star Overall Vehicle Score for safety since the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration changed its New Car Assessment Program for the 2011 model year. The others are the 2014 GMC Sierra and Sierra Denali 1500.
NHTSA only tested the crew cab models of the Silverado. Chevrolet expects crew cab models to account for 60 percent of their 2014 light duty full-size pickup truck sales.
Safety is important to Orange County-area Silverado owners, said Joe Renden of Guaranty Chevrolet. This designation by NHTSA confirms that the 2014 Silverado delivers top safety performance.
The Silverado offers Orange County-area enthusiasts fully boxed frames, extensive use of high-strength steel, and several segment-exclusive safety features are available, including Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning, and Safety Alert Seat.
- Safety Alert Seat warns the driver of potential traffic danger using directional vibration pulses from the seat cushion. The patented warning approach is tied to all of the on-board crash avoidance systems.
- Forward collision alert technology helps prevent frontal crashes by alerting the driver when the truck is closing in on a vehicle ahead too quickly, giving him or her additional time to react and avoid a crash.
- Lane Departure Warning technology alerts the driver when the truck drifts over a lane line when traveling at least 35 mph.
- Rear Vision Camera with Dynamic Guidelines allows the driver, when in reverse, to view objects directly behind the vehicle via the radio screen in the center stack, allowing for easier parking and backing maneuvers.
- New, standard lap belt pretensions in the front-seat outboard safety belts.
- Six standard air bags and 360-degree sensor system, including dual-stage frontal air bags, head-curtain side-impact air bags with rollover protection, and seat-mounted side-impact air bags.
- Trailer-sway control that works with StabiliTrak to provide the driver with additional assistance when towing a trailer. When it senses trailer sway, it intervenes with braking and/or reduced engine power to bring the trailer under control.
- Four-wheel, four-channel, antilock disc brakes (ABS) that help provide straight, more controlled stops by preventing wheel lock-up in most road conditions.
- OnStar is available, using GPS and cellular phone technology to automatically call for help in the event of crash. OnStar service also includes MyLink mobile apps, which offer vehicle information and OnStar services via the customers smartphone.
About Guaranty Chevrolet in Santa Ana
Visit Guaranty Chevrolet and experience exceptional customer service and stress-free sales experience at our Santa Ana dealership and showroom. Conveniently located at 711 E. 17th Street, Guaranty Chevy is easily accessible from neighboring Orange, Huntington Beach and anywhere in Orange County. Guaranty Chevrolet has a large selection of new and used Chevy cars, trucks and SUVs.
Santa Ana Used-Car Dealer in Orange County
From the comfort of home go to occhevy.com and leisurely browse through the inventory of certified pre-owned Chevy vehicles. Guaranty Chevy offers a wide selection of used cars, trucks and SUVs that are like new as customers find a vehicle to meet transportation needs. OCChevy.com is designed to enhance the user experience, allowing users to easily filter the search results by a variety of categories such as model, year and color.
Santa Ana Service Center in Orange County
Find unmatched selections of specials offered on services, including brakes, maintenance, oil changes and more. We make it our goal to meet the needs of our customers by offering the most modern and serviceable access to information about our services. With technology, expertise and convenient hours, we make it simple to keep your car at its best.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at http://www.chevrolet.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11148150.htm.