AudioCodes Answering Machine Detection Excels in Rigorous Performance Testing
April 13, 2012 --
Lod, Israel (PRWEB) April 13, 2012
AudioCodes, a leading provider of Voice over IP (VoIP) technologies, today announced that their Answering Machine Detection algorithms, included in their Mediant Media Gateways and Enterprise Session Border Controller products, have successfully completed extensive testing by Genesys On Demand Services and excelled in all performance criteria. Included as a standard feature in AudioCodes digital media gateways, Answering Machine Detection (AMD) algorithms are utilized extensively by outbound contact centers, allowing for the automatic detection of no-answer conditions and automated voice messaging systems. Automatic detection of no-answer conditions significantly improves contact center agent efficiency.
AudioCodes is the sole media gateway vendor included in the Genesys SIP Select program and is part of Genesys Solution Architectures, providing protective connectivity to any combination of TDM and SIP Service Providers. Available in a number of high-density configurations, AudioCodes Media Gateway, Media Server, and Session Border Controller are all built from a common code base, operate consistently, and share a common maintenance man-machine user interface.
The success demonstrated by AudioCodes in their testing is excellent news for Genesys customers, said Richard Barton, Director of Product Management, Genesys. With our migration to pure SIP, having reliable and high performance call progress and answering machine detection is imperative for outbound contact center efficiency.
1. Savings of upwards of 22% on Media Server and Trunking costs: Analysis of typical outbound traffic profile suggests that media gateways and E-SBCs with AMD results in a net port savings of over 22% compared with solutions where the AMD would be performed in a separate media server.
2. Beep Detection: AudioCodes AMD algorithms are also able to detect the beep at the end of the answering machine greeting, facilitating the ability of outbound campaigns to leave messages on answering machines, making these otherwise unsuccessful calls productive.
3. Field Proven: Deployed in a number of global implementations, AudioCodes AMD algorithms have been subject to significant field-testing and performance validation.
4. Multi-Language Support: Accommodating different cultures and regions of the world, flexible configuration profiles adjust for variances in the way people live-answer and use voice-messaging systems.
5. Experience and Stability: AudioCodes AMD technology is developed internally by the world-class DSP team that delivers the signal processing features that set AudioCodes products apart. They deliver industry-leading capability for wireless and wideband transcoding, fax, hybrid and acoustic echo cancelation, encryption, and signal processing features like Answering Machine and Call Progress Detection. These tasks are all highly computational, and the instruction sets used in DSP processors execute this type of load much more efficiently than those in general purpose CPUs. At scale, this translates into substantial energy and cooling costs. The strength and stability of this team in specific and AudioCodes in general provide assurance of product support, growth, and customer responsiveness into the future.
AudioCodes will be exhibiting at Genesys G-Force North America, April 17-19th in the Sheraton Seattle. G-Force is the Genesys user conference that attracts over 1,000 attendees many of whom are joint customers with prominent names in the Financial, Healthcare, Transportation, and Manufacturing verticals. For more information on the event, visit: http://www.genesysgforce.com/
AudioCodes Ltd. designs, develops and sells advanced Voice over IP (VoIP) and converged VoIP and Data networking products and applications to Service Providers and Enterprises. AudioCodes is a VoIP technology market leader focused on converged VoIP & data communications and its products are deployed globally in Broadband, Mobile, Cable, and Enterprise networks. The company provides a range of innovative, cost-effective products including Media Gateways, Multi-Service Business Gateways, Session Border Controllers (SBC), Residential Gateways, IP Phones, Media Servers and Value Added Applications. AudioCodes underlying technology, VoIPerfectHD, relies on AudioCodes leadership in DSP, voice coding and voice processing technologies. AudioCodes High Definition (HD) VoIP technologies and products provide enhanced intelligibility and a better end user communication experience in Voice communications. For more information on AudioCodes, visit http://www.audiocodes.com
Statements concerning AudioCodes' business outlook or future economic performance; product introductions and plans and objectives related thereto; and statements concerning assumptions made or expectations as to any future events, conditions, performance or other matters, are "forward-looking statements'' as that term is defined under U.S. Federal securities laws. Forward-looking statements are subject to various risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those stated in such statements. These risks, uncertainties and factors include, but are not limited to: the effect of global economic conditions in general and conditions in AudioCodes' industry and target markets in particular; shifts in supply and demand; market acceptance of new products and continuing products' demand; the impact of competitive products and pricing on AudioCodes' and its customers' products and markets; timely product and technology development/upgrades and the ability to manage changes in market conditions as needed; possible disruptions from acquisitions; the integration of acquired companies products and operations into AudioCodes business; and other factors detailed in AudioCodes' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. AudioCodes assumes no obligation to update the information in this release.
©2010 AudioCodes Ltd. All rights reserved. AudioCodes, AC, AudioCoded, Ardito, CTI2, CTI², CTI Squared, HD VoIP, HD VoIP Sounds Better, InTouch, IPmedia, Mediant, MediaPack, NetCoder, Netrake, Nuera, Open Solutions Network, OSN, Stretto, TrunkPack, VMAS, VoicePacketizer, VoIPerfect, VoIPerfectHD, Whats Inside Matters, Your Gateway To VoIP and 3GX are trademarks or registered trademarks of AudioCodes Limited. All other products or trademarks are property of their respective owners. Product specifications are subject to change without notice.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/4/prweb9402214.htm.