CMAC Group Appoints Business Continuity Guru Mike Osborne as Non-Executive Director
September 14, 2017 --
(PRWEB UK) 14 September 2017
CMAC are delighted to announce that Mike Osborne has been appointed a Non-Executive Director with immediate effect. Mike has 30 years' experience in the IT services and business continuity industries and has demonstrated passion and innovation throughout his career. Mike is currently Executive Chairman at Databarracks, a disaster recovery expert. Previous to this role, Mike was the Managing Director of Business Continuity, Cloud & Hosting at Daisy Group. His experience and contribution to the industry has recently been recognised as he was the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award at the CIR Business Continuity Awards
Steve Turner, Managing Director at CMAC said: ?We are thrilled to welcome Mike to CMAC. His experience and considerable knowledge of the industry as well as his proven track record of running business continuity organisations will add strength and effectiveness to our Board. Mike will also make a significant contribution to our innovative application developments, as well as growing all our company brands. We are looking forward to working with him to drive our business forward."
More about Mike Osborne
Given his 30 years in the Business Continuity Industry, Mike has been at the forefront of supporting clients through many emergency incidents. These have ranged from day to day server failures, to some of the most significant disasters & events experienced in the UK:-
- During the 1990's terrorist bombings, particularly the London South Quay bomb, Mike oversaw the remote recovery of datacenters of many firms impacted.
- On the lead-up to the Year 2000 Mike oversaw numerous IT recovery reviews and rehearsals aimed at avoiding the millennium bug and was the Operational Standby lead through the actual night of the millennium.
- In 2004 Mike coordinated the response to multiple Workarea Recovery invocations as a result of the underground Manchester Cable fire that left 100,000+ people/firms without telephony including YELL who successfully recovered into a local Recovery Centre.
- In July 2005 Mike chaired the Major Incident Response team following multiple invocations arising out of the 7/7 terror bombing and later that year ensured multiple clients, including EPSON were recovered following the Buncefield Oil Terminal fire.
- Riots in London & Birmingham during 2010 & 2011 also saw multiple clients supported with Mike once again chairing the Major Incident Team.
Notes to Editor:
Steve Turner, Managing Director, is available for interview by appointment.
Mike Osborne, Non-Executive Director, is available for interview by appointment.
About The CMAC Partnership
CMAC is the UK's leading provider of managed pre-planned and emergency ground transport and accommodation solutions, offering clients the peace of mind of a 24/7/365 nationwide service. We move over one million passengers a year. Our companies include Business Continuity Transport, Coach Hire Booking, Travel Management Solutions, Flight Delay Services and Delay Divert Solutions.
About Business Continuity Transport
Business Continuity Transport (BCT) is the industry expert in planning and providing passenger transport and accommodation solutions for business continuity, offering clients the peace of mind that we are available 24/7/365.
Name: Clare Mahood
Tel: 01254 355 120 (option 1)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/09/prweb14687015.htm.