Design News Announces 2017 Golden Mousetrap Awards Finalists, Lifetime Achievement Award Winner WiFi Pioneer Cees Links
Gadget Freak of the Year and Rising Engineering Star Award winners also unveiled
January 25, 2017 --
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Design News today announced the 2017 Golden Mousetrap Lifetime Achievement Award winner, Cees Links, along with top honors for the Gadget Freak of the Year, Rising Engineering Star, and additional category finalists.
Winners for all 17 categories will be announced live at the Golden Mousetrap Award ceremony on February 7th at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, Calif. The Awards were created by Design News to acknowledge and recognize American people, companies, and technologies driving innovation in the industry. The Golden Mousetrap Awards will be held alongside UBM's three-day Advanced Manufacturing show at the Anaheim Convention Center that features a dynamic expo floor along with diverse content and conference offerings.
To learn more about UBM's Advanced Design and Manufacturing event in Anaheim, please visit: pacdesignshow.designnews.com
"Each year the Golden Mousetrap Awards honor design and manufacturing excellence," said Suzanne Deffree, Content Director and Editor-in-Chief of Design News. "We received a record number of entries for this year's awards, all from stellar industry leaders and individuals who have driven a renaissance of manufacturing in North America. This year's finalists have truly excelled at advancing engineering and innovation, and we're thrilled to celebrate them with these prestigious awards."
Golden Mousetrap Lifetime Achievement Award Winner 2017: Cees Links, General Manager of Qorvo's Low Power Business Unit
The prestigious Golden Mousetrap Lifetime Achievement Award, developed and presented by Design News, recognizes an individual who has devoted their work to the Advanced Design and Manufacturing industry, and has successfully pushed the industry forward through their personal contributions to innovation within their respective field.
The 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award winner, Cees Links, is known for being a pioneer of wireless data and the visionary who brought the worlds of mobile computing and continuous networking together. Links studied at the Twente University of Technology in the Netherlands where he earned a Master's Degree in Applied Mathematics and a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering. Known as one of the most important people in wireless computing, Links began his career at NCR computers where he managed the development and launch of the world's first wireless LAN product. Links continued his work in the wireless LAN area, where he secured a groundbreaking deal with Apple Computers in 1999 that sparked tremendous growth of the industry and culminated with wireless LAN as a standard notebook computer feature.
In 2004, Links founded GreenPeak Technologies, a fabless semiconductor company with a focus on wireless technology for ultra-low power sense and control networks for consumer electronics. GreenPeak was acquired by Qorvo in 2016 and, today, Links serves as General Manager of Qorvo's Low Power Business Unit.
Gadget Freak of the Year winner, Rising Engineering Star winner, and 2017 Category Finalists include:
Gadget Freak of the Year
- David Prutchi with his gadget Dolpi - A Low-Cost, RasPi-based Polarization Camera Duo
Rising Engineering Star
- Lindsay "Linz" Craig, Founder, QuestBotics Inc.
Automation & Control: Sensors, Vision Systems, Feedback Devices, & Peripherals
- ULTRA Puck (VLP-32A) Velodyne LiDAR
- CYALKIT-E02 Solar-Powered BLE Sensor Beacon Reference Design Kit Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
- MAXREFDES82# Smart Force Sensor Reference Design Maxim Integrated
- PGA411-Q1 resolver-to-digital converter with integrated exciter amplifier and power supply Texas Instruments Inc.
- PZ30 Non-Contact Rotary Encoder Joral LLC
- xtremeDB Murrelektronik, Inc.
Automation & Control: Controllers
- Kollmorgen Programmable Controller Multi-axis Master (PCMM) Kollmorgen
- IndraControl XM 21/22 Bosch Rexroth Corporation
- Bedrock universal control system Bedrock Automation
- EPOS4 module 50/15 Maxon Precision Motors Inc.
Automation & Control: Drives
- Omron 1S Servo Drive & Motor Omron Automation
- FAULHABER 1024 SR Series DC Motor MICROMO
- G214 Microstep Drive Geckodrive, Inc.
- EFC3610/5610 VFD Bosch Rexroth Corporation
- EZ-QUAD-SERVO ALLMOTION INC
- ACE DCH Series Actuator Control American Control Electronics (ACE)
Automation & Control: Fluid Power Technologies
- No Drip External Mix Atomizing Spray Nozzles EXAIR Corporation
Automation & Control: Industrial Network Technologies (e.g. I/O, Ethernet, Wireless)
- microSERV 4TB Data Storage Workstation CONTEC DTx Inc.
- SimpleLink dual-band CC1350 wireless MCU Texas Instruments
- Field Logic Controllers powered by ARGEE Turck Inc.
- Marvell Alaska® 88E1510P/1512P/1510Q GbE Transceivers Marvell Technology Group
- Pocket IO PLC Development Platform Maxim Integrated
Automation & Control: Motors and Mechanical Motion Devices
- StepSERVO Integrated Motors Applied Motion Products
- NEXEN CRD DD NEXEN GROUP
- Flexion N-Series 6 Axis Robots- Epson Robots
- Electrak HD Thomson Industries Inc.
- ETM Direct Drive Motor Electric Torque Machines (ETM)
- Z-417 Lin Engineering
Design Tools: Hardware & Software: Analysis & Calculation Software
- DesignDRIVE with Position Manager Texas Instruments
- MSC Apex Fossa MSC Software Corporation
- DZynSource Mold Engineering Software DZynSource LLC
- SYSPRO Enterprise Resource Planning Software SYSPRO
Design Tools: Hardware & Software: CAD/PDM/PLM Software
- Omnify Empower PLM 6.0 Omnify Software
- Sequence Enterprise Work Instruction Software FFD Inc.
- Factory in a Tool nSCrypt Inc.
- Arena PLM Arena Solutions
Electronics & Test: Analog/Power Management/Control
- ISL78365 Laser Diode Driver for Automotive Head-Up Displays Intersil Corporation
- LSP10GIHP Series Thermally Protected Surge Protective Device Littelfuse Inc.
- PSoC Analog Coprocessor Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
- IHLD Low Profile, High Current Dual Inductors Vishay Intertechnology
- ISL9237 USB-C Buck-Boost Battery Charger Intersil Corporation
Electronics & Test: Components, Hardware & Interconnects
- TouchView TDDI Technology Synaptics
- Rewireable C13 IEC Lock + Connector Scolmore International
- nRF52832 Multiprotocol Bluetooth low energy /ANT/2.4GHz RF SoC water level chip scale package Nordic Semiconductor
- MicReD Power Tester 600A Mentor Graphics Corporation
- Minifast HD cordset Turck Inc.
- RL78/I1C MCU Renesas Electronics America Inc.
Electronics & Test: Embedded Computing/Processing
- MSP430 FRAM microcontrollers (MCUs) with CapTIvate technology Texas Instruments
- AWS-ECC508 Microchip Technology Inc.
- R-Car H3 SoC Renesas Electronics America
- MAXREFDES143# DeepCover Embedded Security Reference Design Maxim Integrated
Electronics & Test: Test & Measurement
- Veloce DFT App Mentor Graphics Corporation
- High Speed Serial Link Training Analysis Tool Tektronix
- AEGIS Shaft Voltage Tester Digital Oscilloscope Electro Static Technology
- Keysight N9041B UXA X-Series Signal Analyzer Keysight Technologies Inc.
Materials & Assembly: 3D-Printing & Rapid Prototyping, Materials, Tools & Services
- Post-operative Cast Summit ID
- Blue Dot Lasers Blue Dot Laser System
- Hail Impact Tester, Ice Mold, and Accredited Test Services WESTPAK Inc.
Materials & Assembly: Adhesives
- Light-fixable DELO DUALBOND VE 72768 for high-reliability appliances DELO Industrial Adhesives
- BETAFORCE 2817 structural adhesive for composite and mixed material bonding Dow Automotive Systems
Materials & Assembly: Engineering Plastics & Composites
- Densified SOLIMIDE Boyd Corporation
- 2 ½ inch and 3 inch AquaPEX® and ProPEX Fittings Uponor
Materials & Assembly: Fastening, Joining & Assembly Components
- Vortex Connection Controlled Dynamics Inc.
- LQR® Lock and Quick Release System Bal Seal Engineering
- Laser Bonding Primoceler Inc.
Materials & Assembly: Metals & Alloys
- Cadence Flex manufacturing solution with RAAMS Vapor Technologies
- Belvedere Lateral Plating System NeuroStructures Inc.
To learn more about the Golden Mousetrap Awards, please visit: goldenmousetraps.designnews.com
Follow the Golden Mousetrap Awards on Social Media with Official Hashtag: #GMAT17
About Advanced Manufacturing Expos & Conferences
UBM's Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media business for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. The Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is organized by UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), an Events First marketing and communication services business. For more information, visit ubmamericas.com.
About UBM Americas
UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc, is the largest business-to-business events and trade show organizer in the U.S. Through a range of aligned interactive physical and digital environments, UBM Americas increases business effectiveness for both customers and audiences by cultivating meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. UBM Americas has offices spanning North and South America, and serves a variety of specialist industries with dedicated events and marketing services covering everything from fashion, tech and life sciences to advanced manufacturing, cruise shipping, specialty chemicals, powersports and automotive, concrete, hospitality, cargo transportation and more. For more information, visit: www.ubmamericas.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/design-news-announces-2017-golden-mousetrap-awards-finalists-lifetime-achievement-award-winner-wifi-pioneer-cees-links-300396315.html
SOURCE UBM Americas
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved