Greenberg Traurig’s ‘A Conversation With’ Series Welcomes Deborah C. Jackson, President, Cambridge College
February 09, 2018 --
Boston (PRWEB) February 09, 2018
The Boston office of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP welcomed Cambridge College President Deborah C. Jackson as the featured speaker for its “A Conversation With" breakfast series. Jackson presented, “Reimagining Higher Education for a New Boston," which discussed closing Boston's talent gap while increasing access to opportunity for all Bostonians. President Jackson stressed the importance of implementing innovative approaches such as competency-based programs in today's curricula and partnering with corporations to “educate and prepare students to meet workforce demands and create better pipelines to meaningful employment after graduation."
The discussion was moderated by Terence P. McCourt, managing shareholder of Greenberg Traurig's Boston office. McCourt is a member of the Cambridge College Board of Trustees.
“A Conversation With" is an invitation-only Greenberg Traurig Boston speaker series that hosts local government, business, and community leaders who are at the forefront of issues facing the region, including economic, cultural, scientific, social, and public policy matters. Examples of past speakers include:
- Robert Coughlin, President & CEO, Massachusetts Biotechnology Council (MassBio);
- Malli Gero, Co-Founder & President, 2020 Women on Boards;
- Kathleen McQuiggan, Senior Vice President of Global Women's Strategies, Pax World Management LLC and Co-President, Ellevate Boston Chapter;
- Dr. Gary Fleisher, Physician-in-Chief and Pediatrician-in-Chief, Boston Children's Hospital;
- Frederick Breimyer, Ph.D., Boston area economist, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC);
- Gwill York, Co-founder and Managing Director of Lighthouse Capital Partners, and Chair, Board of Trustees, Museum of Science; and
- Harriet Cross, Britain's Consul General to New England.
About Greenberg Traurig's Boston Office: Established in 1999, Greenberg Traurig's Boston office is home to over 70 attorneys practicing in the areas of corporate, emerging technology, governmental affairs, intellectual property, labor and employment, life sciences and medical technology, litigation, public finance, and real estate. An important contributor to the firm's international platform, the Boston office includes a team of nationally recognized attorneys with both public and private sector experience. The team offers clients the value of decades of legal experience and hands-on knowledge of the local business community, supported by the firm's vast network of global resources.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and is among the Top 20 on the 2017 Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2018/02/prweb15193006.htm.